There are some affiliate links below, but they are all products I highly recommend. For more info, view my disclosure here.
Hi everyone! I’m Natasha, and it’s SO nice to be a part of the Pet Bloggers 2018 Challenge! Thanks so much to Go Pet Friendly for hosting this awesome opportunity for bloggers to get to know each other! I live in Alaska with my husband Dan and my two Puerto Rican Sato street rescues Roxy and Rico. You can learn all about their story here.
1) For those who may be visiting your blog for the first time, how long have you been blogging and what is your main topic?
I’ve been blogging for only a few weeks now, and I’m looking forward to making pet blogging a regular thing in 2018! My day job is as a social media specialist for small businesses. My blog’s focus is on giving dogs the best start to life and keeping them happy and healthy, as naturally as possible. I’ll also be sharing lifestyle tips and stories for dog parents.
2) What was your proudest blogging moment of 2017?
My proudest moment was when my New Year’s Eve post “How To Keep Your Dog Calm on New Year’s Eve” got over 50 shares! I know, it’s a small victory, but I’ll take it! I was pretty excited that people were reading to figure out ways to make a stressful night as calm as possible for their fur babies.
3) Which of your blog posts was your favorite this year and why?
My personal favorite is “Lost Dog? 4 Things You Need to Do“, because I’ve seen so many lost dog situations and would love to help prevent that from happening, and help reunite those that do escape.
4) In terms of your blog, how do you measure success?
I measure success based on how many people my posts reach, since that means more dogs helped! I’d love to grow my following on Pinterest as that’s my favorite platform.
5) In what ways has your blog changed during 2017?
Well, in early 2017 this blog was barely a concept. I was so focused on keeping my 15-year-old Tripawd Ginger as happy and healthy as possible after her amputation in November 2016 when I realized many others could benefit from the research I’d been doing on inflammation, senior care, and cancer support. As I grow, I can’t wait to see where things progress!
6) What was the biggest blogging challenge you overcame in 2017, and what did you learn that could help other bloggers?
The biggest blogging challenge of 2017 was getting started! I’m decently skilled technologically, but man, learning WordPress was no joke! I’m thrilled to have my site finally complete and all prettied up! The best thing I did was to keep trying, watching videos, and saving all my work as I made changes.
7) When things get hard, what keeps you blogging? (Question submitted by Pamela Douglas Webster of Something Wagging This Way Comes)
When I’m struggling, I take breaks out to do yoga, play with my crazy pups Roxy and Rico, or go stare at my amazing backyard view with a cup of coffee. If that fails, a dip in the hot tub in -10 degree weather will always relax then re-energize! Roxy would reaaally like a chance to join in for once! We also take time out on snowy days to bundle up and play in the yard. Rico is IN LOVE with snow. Who woulda thought, a Puerto Rican pup preferring snow over tropical warmth! Roxy definitely tells me when it’s time to STOP blogging by hopping on my lap and shutting my laptop so I can snuggle instead!
8) Looking forward to 2018, what are you hoping to accomplish on your blog this year?
I want to write at least once a week, and have 10k followers across all my social media platforms. I’d love to have you follow me!
9) In addition to what you’d like to accomplish, is there one specific skill you’d like to improve or master this year? (Question submitted by Jodi Chick of Kol’s Notes)
I definitely want to learn more about how to improve my Google listing to rank higher! That’ll help me reach more people and expand. I also want to improve my writing skills, since I’ve been used to writing in 140 character limits over the past few years!
10) Now it’s your turn! You have the attention of the pet blogging community – is there a question you’d like answered, or an aspect of your blog that you’d like input on? Share it here, and we’ll answer you in the comments!
Tell me, what health/lifestyle topic would YOU love to see covered? Share in the comments below!