There are some affiliate links below, but they are all products I highly recommend. For more info, view my disclosure here.
Pumpkins, fall leaves, and cooler temperatures are finally here! I don’t know about you, but I love baking once things cool off and fall begins. That includes baking dog treats for Roxy & Rico!
Pumpkins are an excellent source of nutrition for dogs. Many dogs love the taste of pumpkin and will happily eat it up if given the opportunity. Dogs can also be fed pumpkin as a supplement to their regular food.
Not only is pumpkin great to add to your dog’s meals, it’s also perfect for dog treats!
Why You Should Give Your Dog Pumpkin
Pumpkin is super tasty and is packed FULL of beneficial nutrients. Even though pumpkin is mostly water, it’s got tons of vitamins and nutrients. In fact, pumpkin has so many benefits for dogs, I pulled together a whole post all about why it’s so good for your dog!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Pumpkin Dog Treats?
To make these pumpkin dog treats, you’ll need a couple eggs, pumpkin puree, dry milk, whole wheat flour, and a pinch of salt (and maybe a splash of water!) I bet you have most of these on hand at home! You’ll also need a cookie cutter. I like this pack of pumpkin cookie cutters that comes in a few different sizes.
Perfectly Pumpkin Fall Dog TreatsCourse: LifestyleCuisine: dog treats
½ Cup Pumpkin Puree
½ tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Dry Milk
2 ¼ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
Water, If Needed
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Blend Eggs and Pumpkin together; add salt, dry milk, and flour.
- Add water as needed to make the dough somewhat workable.
- Roll to ¼ to ½ inch thickness. Cut with mini cookie cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes on one side, then turn over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Store in airtight container.