There are some affiliate links below, but they are all products I highly recommend. For more info, view my disclosure here.
Roxy’s Super Simple Cake Recipe
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- A sprinkle of Crushed Egg Shells (optional)
- 1/2 cup Fresh or Canned Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 4 tbsp Pumpkin
- 1 tsp Hemp Oil (Can substitute with Fish Oil, Coconut Oil, etc.)
1) Grease an 8″ cake pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Mix the dry ingredients (baking soda and flour) together, and add a sprinkle of my favorite ingredient of crushed up egg shells if you have available.
3) Mix the wet ingredients (pumpkin, egg, coconut oil, and applesauce) together.
4) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
5) Bake for 22-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
6) Cool on wire rack until ready to frost.
7) Slice and serve for happy pups!
This recipe was super easy, and I’m sure substitutions can be made. Next time I might try switching mashed bananas for the applesauce to give it some variety. Despite her face, Roxy LOVED IT.