There are some affiliate links below, but they are all products I highly recommend. For more info, view my disclosure here.
Introducing our newest addition our dog treat recipes – Cinnamon Oatmeal Dog Treats!
These delicious treats are perfect for getting your dog excited and giving them a yummy, healthy dog treat! Made with cinnamon and oats, plus a bit of natural sweetness from honey, they are sure to be a hit with your pup. You can use whole wheat flour, or all purpose will work as well.
How Do I Make Cinnamon Oatmeal Dog Treats?
It’s really simple! You’ll mix the ingredients in a bowl, then knead to incorporate any remaining dry ingredients. Add a bit of water to achieve the right consistency, then roll out and cut your cookies. Bake and let cool and treat your dog!
Get Your Dog Excited With This Cinnamon Oatmeal Dog Treat Recipe!
½ Cup Quick Oats
2 ½ Cups Flour
¾ Cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
¼ Cup honey
2 ½ Tbsp ground flax seeds
3 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp cinnamon
5 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Combine all ingredients except water in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix with a rubber spatula until it begins to come together and looks clumpy. Use your hands to knead for a minute, trying to incorporate any dry ingredients at the bottom of the bowl.
- Add water, a tablespoon at a time, just until dough forms into a ball and isn’t falling apart.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out dough to about ⅜” thick.
- Use a bone-shaped cookie cutter to cut out dough.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Once there is no more room to cut out shapes, ball the dough up and proceed to roll out and cut again.
- Bake for 18 minutes on the center rack, then let cool before giving to your dog.
- If you want softer treats, bake for 10-15 minutes.
- If you want crunchier treats, bake for 20-25 minutes
What Are the Benefits of Cinnamon Oatmeal Dog Treats?
There are a few benefits to incorporating these treats into your dog’s diet. Firstly, they are a great source of fiber and protein. Both of which are essential for a healthy dog.
Secondly, they are naturally sweetened, so your dog won’t feel overwhelmed by the sweetness. Plus, cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties, so while this only has a small amount, every bit helps!
How Often Should My Dog Be Eating Them?
Ideally, you should give your dog no more than one treat per day. However, as they are a little on the sweet side, you may want to start with just half to see how your dog does!
Are Cinnamon Oatmeal Dog Treats Good for Dogs?
Yes, these treats are safe for dogs to eat. They are made with only natural ingredients, and they don’t contain any harmful chemicals. In fact, they may even help to improve your dog’s dental hygiene!
So What Are You Waiting For? Give these Cinnamon-Oatmeal Dog Treats a try today! They’re sure to be a hit with your pup!