There are some affiliate links below, but they are all products I highly recommend. For more info, view my disclosure here.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and that doesn’t just go for us humans. Whether they’re naughty or nice, make the holidays super special for your dog when you treat them to something fun off this Christmas presents for dogs list!
Read on for the best Christmas gifts for dogs!
A Cute Christmas Stocking
As a kid, one of my favorite parts of Christmas morning was going through my stocking! My parents would stick all kinds of yummy treats inside, and now I do the same for my pack.
We got our stockings from a local store, but you can find all kinds of cute Christmas stockings for dogs here!
Tasty Dog Treats
Fill up your dog’s stocking with their favorite snacks for a special treat! Roxy & Rico lose their minds over these dried fish skins. They smell absolutely disgusting, but make them so happy I can’t help but spoil them with those treats.
Plus, they’re packed full of omega-3 fatty acids and help keep their teeth clean! This is at the top of our best Christmas presents for dogs. So much that I even had to spoil my fur niece Emily with them last year, and she loved them too!
The Kong Jumbler is Roxy’s absolute number one favorite in the world toy. It makes a fun gift for any dog that loves chase, ball, or pretty much any other activity.
The Jumbler has a ball inside that rolls around and makes noise while they play.
Roxy’s longtime favorite is Purple Ball, however, we recently got her Red Football (we’re real creative with names around here). Red has quickly surpassed Purple as the best toy in the world. You can’t go wrong with either one, though.
There’s even a new style she doesn’t have yet, so that’s going to be her Christmas present this year (shh…don’t tell her that though!)
KONG – Jumbler Ball – Interactive Fetch Dog Toy with Tennis Ball – for Large/Extra Large Dogs (Assorted Colors)
- Interactive Dog Toys: Keep your furry friend entertained with this KONG dog toy; the interior tennis ball and loud squeak will entice play for hours
- Outdoor Dog Ball: This dog toy ball has handles that make it easy for dogs to pick up and shake during fetch games;
Fun Dog Puzzles
Dog puzzles are perfect dog gift ideas! They’re wonderful for entertaining your dog while helping work their brain.
Physical activity is great, but mental activity is important too!
If your dog isn’t used to doing puzzles, start with a Level 1 puzzle so they get used to figuring things out.
Outward Hound Nina Ottosson Dog Smart Dog Puzzle Interactive Treat Puzzle Dog Enrichment Dog Toy, Level 1 Beginner, Orange
- BEGINNER DOG PUZZLE: The Dog Smart by Nina Ottosson is a level 1 interactive dog puzzle toy that will prepare your pup for more challenging games with simple one-step actions. Suitable for any breed and size.
- ENGAGING & MENTALLY STIMULATING: This interactive dog puzzle features 9 hidden compartments
Kong with Stuffing
A Kong is a fun way for dogs to get some yummy snacks, and they take time to fully enjoy.
To maximize that time, try filling it and then freezing it! That’s especially helpful at keeping your dog cool once warm summer days return. See our list of 46+ Yummy & Healthy Snacks To Fill Your Dog’s Kong!
KONG – Classic Dog Toy, Durable Natural Rubber- Fun to Chew, Chase and Fetch – for Large Dogs
- Large Dogs (Up to 65 lbs): The KONG Classic red rubber toy is 2.75″ by 4″; it helps satisfy dogs’ instinctual needs while providing mental stimulation and encouraging healthy play
- Fetch and Chew Toy: The KONG Classic’s unpredictable bounce makes for exciting games of fetch and other interactive
ZippyPaws Holiday Chimney
When Roxy and Rico were baby dogs, ZippyPaws were their FAVORITE stuffed toys. You can stash the reindeer inside the chimney. Your dog can rummage around to pull them out of the hidey holes.
Each toy has a squeaker to provide lots of fun. Rico’s a destroyer of toys now, and this one isn’t recommended for heavy chewers.
ZippyPaws Holiday Chimney Burrow Squeaky Plush Hide and Seek Dog Toy
- FUN CHARACTERS – Dogs will have hours of fun playing with Santa Claus and his adorable reindeer friends by digging them out of their chimney home
- EXCLUSIVE NOISEMAKERS – Each small toy includes 1 high-quality round squeaker to deliver more sound to keep your best friend entertained
Haute Diggity Dog Starbarks Coffee Collection
I don’t know about you, but I’m a coffee = life kinda girl. I’m sure my Roxy would agree that Starbucks is her favorite, because she does adore those post-vet Puppuchinos.
Since caffeine is a no-go for even the most basic pups, this Puppermint Mocha will perk them up with all kinds of fun!
Haute Diggity Dog Holiday Collection – Soft Plush Festive Christmas Dog Toys with Squeaker & Fun, Colorful, Unique Parody Designs Made from Safe, Machine-Washable Materials for All Dog Breeds & Sizes
- FUNNY PARODY PLUSH DOG TOY: Perk up your pup’s spirits during wintertime with the Starbarks Puppermint Mocha! It features snowflakes, paw prints, and pine tree accents topped with faux whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Small Size 5″x4″x1.5″.
- PLAYFUL, STYLISH DESIGN WITH EMBROIDERED DETAILS: Our toys feature playful designs
Warm Winter Sweater
The most important thing for optimal health is to stay happy and active. It can be difficult to get enough quality physical activity during the winter if you live in a cold climate, though.
Bundling up with a warm jacket or winter sweater allows you to spend quality time outside without freezing, because tired dogs are happy dogs!
We recently got this Kurgo Loft Dog Jacket so the babies can be more comfortable on hikes now that winter is coming. It fits great and provides a nice layer of warmth. My absolute favorite part is the zipper that lets a harness clip be easily accessed!
We’re avid harness users in this house, and keep our dogs leashed when on trails. This jacket lets us keep their harnesses on, strap on the jacket before hitting the trail, and then easily take the jacket off before loading back up in the car!
Kurgo Loft Dog Jacket, Reversible Dog Coat, Wear with Harness or Sweater, Water Resistant, Reflective, Winter Coat For Medium Dogs (Chili Red, M)
- REVERSIBLE, REFLECTIVE, & ADJUSTABLE: Stylish reversible dog vest is perfect to keep your dog cozy during chilly fall months & cold winter months when out on walks, hikes, & runs; reflective piping for visibility in the dark; adjustable hook & loop belly closure for custom fit
- WATER RESISTANT
While you’re out playing or heading for a walk, keep those paws well-moisturized and put a barrier to keep them from cracking with an application of paw balm.
It works great on their noses to keep them from getting dry and cracked too!
Musher’s Secret Dog Paw Wax 60 g (2.1 oz) – Moisturizing Dog Paw Balm that Creates an Invisible Barrier That Protects and Heals Dry Cracked Paws – All-Natural with Vitamin E and Food-Grade Ingredients
- SAFE AND ALL-NATURAL – Our natural paw balm for dogs is made from food-safe oils and waxes, so it’s A-OK even if they lick them. Our pet paw balm is safe to use even on the most sensitive pets.
- ALL SEASON PROTECTION – Musher’s Secret creates invisible dog
A Cozy Blanket
After playing in the yard or coming back from a brisk walk, warm up you dog with a fluffy blanket. Roxy cannot be without her blanket whenever she’s inside.
In fact, this is the look I get when trying to convince her she still needs to go potty even though it’s well below zero outside!
Dog Chews That Clean Teeth
A dog chew that’s increasing in popularity is antler dog chews! They’re clean and odor-free, and contain tons of important nutrients.
Antlers fall off naturally each year, so these are healthy and cruelty-free.
Keep an eye on heavy chewers though. Anything hard can potentially crack teeth if your dog is an aggressive chewer. For more great ways to clean your dog’s teeth and banish bad dog breath, check out this article!
What Kind of Dog Presents To Avoid
Keep in mind, there are some types of dog Christmas gifts you should steer clear of.
Grocery stores bring out the cute little stocking gift sets, but the contents are often not very good.
The toys inside are usually very cheaply made and are too easy for even a gentle dog to break apart and swallow.
In addition, the Christmas dog treats they usually contain are made of cheap rawhide.
Sticking with healthier chews like the antlers mentioned above make the best dog gifts!