There are some affiliate links below, but they are all products I highly recommend. For more info, view my disclosure here.
Everyone loves a good play session with some cool, tough toys. Especially our dogs! However, it’s always a bummer when a favorite toy is easily destroyed.
We’ve gone through a ton of toys for bored dogs with a variety of play styles. Read on for ten awesomely tough dog toys that will last!
Ten Favorite Durable Dog Toys
- Classic KONG
- KONG Jumbler
- KONG Squeezz Stick
- Gumby Rubber Dog Toy
- Chuckit Kick Fetch Toy Ball
- Goughnuts – Original Dog Chew Ring
- West Paw Zogoflex Hurley Durable Dog Bone
- Jolly Pets 8″ Soccer Ball
- KONG Goodie Bone Dog Toy
- KONG Tires Extreme Dog Toy
The KONG Classic is a classic for a reason! It comes in all different sizes from puppy size to ones perfect for giant dogs.
They even have an Extreme Chewer version for those pups that love to chow down on their toys and require something extra durable!
The Kong is one of the best dog toys for heavy chewers.
You can really get creative with the types of filling you put inside the Kong for your dog, so it’s at the top of our list for best dog treat toys. For an easy snack, you can fill the Kong with Easy Treat filling in their favorite flavor.
For a change, try putting some yummy peanut butter inside – just make sure it’s safe and doesn’t contain xylitol, which is deadly to dogs. We really like Adams Peanut Butter because it’s all natural and doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients.
We’ve recently started filling their Kongs for dinner with either my homemade Instant Pot dog food, or with Freshpet rolls. Roxy and Rico absolutely love getting them and it helps stretch their mealtime out a bit longer. It also works their brain a bit, which helps tire them out.
Have a new puppy? They even make a tiny version for puppy chew toys. It helps satisfy their need to chew on allll the things while building positive behaviors.
The rubber is specially formulated to be perfect for those brutally sharp puppy teeth, making them the best chew toys for puppies!
KONG – Classic Dog Toy, Durable Natural Rubber- Fun to Chew, Chase and Fetch – for Large Dogs
- Large Dogs (Up to 65 lbs): The KONG Classic red rubber toy is 2.75″ by 4″; it helps satisfy dogs’ instinctual needs while providing mental stimulation and encouraging healthy play
- Fetch and Chew Toy: The KONG Classic’s unpredictable bounce makes for exciting games of fetch and other interactive
KONG – Extreme Dog Toy – Toughest Natural Rubber, Black -Fun to Chew, Chase & Fetch- for Medium Dogs
- Medium Dogs (Up to 35 lbs): The KONG Extreme black rubber toy is 2.25″ by 3.5″; it helps satisfy dogs’ instinctual needs while providing mental stimulation and encouraging healthy play
- Fetch and Chew Toy: The KONG Extreme’s unpredictable bounce makes for exciting games of fetch and other interactive
KONG – Puppy Toy Natural Teething Rubber – Fun to Chew, Chase and Fetch – for Small Puppies – Blue
- Small Puppies (Up to 20 lbs): This KONG Puppy toy is 1.75″ by 3″; made of a soft rubber formula for a growing puppy’s baby teeth and gums – WHEN YOUR PUPPY TURN 9 MONTHS, SWITCH TO KONG CLASSIC OR KONG EXTREME
- Fetch and Chew Toy: The KONG
The KONG Jumbler is Roxy’s #1 favorite toy in the history of time! She loves carrying it around like it’s a basket of flowers, while everyone tells her how pretty she is. It’s nice and tough, while the tennis ball fully contained inside provides some noise to keep their interest.
KONG Tires Extreme Dog Toy
The tire toy is durable and rugged so it’s especially perfect for outdoor use…or for playing keep away from your brother!
KONG Squeezz Stick
Oh, purple stick. You’re the best stick. Sincerely, Roxy.
I can’t count the number of times Roxy would fling her KONG Squeezz Stick side to side while hopping around, and would smack Rico in the head with it!
Luckily it’s nice and lightweight, and he has a hard head! Plus, the squeaker inside isn’t annoying, which is always a plus with dog toys!
Chuckit Kick Fetch Toy Ball
The Chuckit ball is great for tossing and punting around the yard with your dog. The deep grooves make it easy to pick up and bring back to you.
Plus, it floats, which makes it perfect for tossing into the pool or lake. It also comes in a glow-in-the-dark version, which is super helpful during Alaskan winters when the sun is setting by 4pm!
Chuckit! Ultra Ball Dog Toy, XL (3.5 Inch Diameter), Pack of 1, for breeds 100+ lbs
- Super High Bounce: Better than standard tennis balls, the Ultra Ball is made of durable rubber yielding an ultra bouncy, exciting fetch experience on land or on water thanks to lightweight, bouyant design. Compatible with size XL Chuckit Launchers
- Tough and Durable: This rugged dog fetch toy has
Gumby Rubber Dog Toy
Okay, so this one may not survive the absolute toughest chewers, but I’m an 80’s kid and can’t get over HOW CUTE THIS IS!!
It makes me think of one I had as a child, so I love seeing Roxy & Rico play with it. It’s held up well for over a year with these two chewers, so I’m happy!
Goughnuts – Original Dog Chew Ring
Goughnuts is by far one of the best toys for dogs that chew through everything! It has a “Chew Toy Safety Indicator” to ensure your dog stays safe and healthy.
The exterior color means they’re good to go chew. If your dog chews down to the red interior, that means stop and take the toy away.
The best part is Goughnuts have a Safety Guarantee, so if your dog chews through to the red warning interior, you can send it back in for a replacement!
Goughnuts — Dog Toys for Aggressive Chewers | Virtually Indestructible Dog Toys for Medium Breeds Such as Pit Bulls and German Shepherds | Heavy Duty Dog Toy | Green
- ✅ AGGRESSIVE CHEWERS, MEET YOUR MATCH — Your search for a toy that can stand up to your dog’s aggressive chewing is over. Goughnuts tough dog toys are long lasting and will keep your dog busy while saving you money you’d otherwise spend replacing toys.
- ✅ ENGINEERED FOR
West Paw Zogoflex Hurley Durable Dog Bone
The Zogoflex Hurley is a fun, bouncy dog bone that stands up to tough chewers. It’s lightweight and non-toxic. Plus, this one also floats, making great for swimmers. And when it gets all yucky, it can be tossed in the dishwasher for a good cleaning!
I like the bright colors, as their easier to see in the yard. West Paw also has a guarantee program if your pup does destroy their toy!
WEST PAW Zogoflex Hurley Dog Bone Chew Toy – Floatable Pet Toys for Aggressive Chewers, Catch, Fetch – Bright-Colored Bones for Dogs – Recyclable, Dishwasher-Safe, Non-Toxic, Large, Aqua
- DURABLE DOG BONES FOR AGGRESSIVE CHEWERS: If your pampered pooch is an aggressive chewer, then you’ll love the durable shapeand bouncy, floatable material of the West Paw Zogoflex Hurley Dog Bone Chew Toy.
- DOG BONE FOR WATER OR LAND: This durable dog bone chew toy is floatable and
Jolly Pets Soccer Ball Floating-Bouncing Dog Toy
This is a fun one that became a challenge for Roxy! She LOVES carrying toys around, but this soccer ball doesn’t have a handle.
She didn’t let that stop her and spent a good amount of time trying to figure out how to pick it up with her teeth. When she finally figured out a way, she was so happy!
It’s her favorite outside toy and I bet it’ll be fun to push around in the snow this winter!
Jolly Pets Large Soccer Ball Floating-Bouncing Dog Toy, 8 inch Diameter, Apple Green
- This ball won’t deflate! The Jolly Pets Soccer Ball is made from Jolly Flex Material, which means this ball can be punctured without deflating or losing its shape
- Large Size/8 Inch Diameter: This Soccer Ball Dog toy is 8 inches in diameter, and is ideal for dogs over
The KONG Goodie Bone is similar to the traditional KONG, but the dog bone toy shape makes it easier for some dogs to carry and settle down with.
Once our Ginger girl became a Tripawd with one front leg, we had to re-evaluate her treats. Even though she didn’t let it stop her from enjoying snacks, she definitely preferred this shape over the original KONG since it doesn’t roll or bounce like the original one.
The bone shape is easier to grab and hang on to, while still able to be stuffed with treats and other yummies and is pretty tough.
These are some of Roxy & Rico’s favorite toys that have lasted. However, any toy is destructible if your dog is determined enough.
It’s important to supervise your dog while they play with toys to ensure they won’t destroy and ingest chunks, as that can cause dangerous blockages. Gotta keep those pups happy and healthy!